Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk, or us||Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10285396 whose registered office is at B2/B3 Portland Close, Houghton Regis, LU5 5AW;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronxic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.ukand acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.idealistplanters.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk is the “data controller”. This means that Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
c. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
e. IP address (automatically collected);
f. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
g. operating system (automatically collected);
h. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
i. delivery address, billing address, company name, contact phone;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways: a. data is given to us by you;
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
d. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
e. when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
8. Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
a. Google, Facebook, Instagram, other well-known social media and search services;
Data that is collected automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
11. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
12. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
13. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
14. We may use your Data to show you Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
15. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to contact regarding placed orders, to dispatch goods, to process returns and claims, to obtain advice from professional advisors.;
b. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to help third-party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly, to give third-party delivery service providers data to make deliveries, to run marketing features provided by third-party services;
c. third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to enable third-party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
e. we may send your personal information to any part of the world as the third party services we use may be located in different countries. However all data are stored on servers with EU regulation. Where possible, we will put in place agreements with the people we send your personal information to, to require them to treat your personal information with the same protections that we apply ourselves. Our agreements may include standard terms provided by the EU called EU Model Clauses or may require the other party to be signed up to government standards that are recognised as providing the right level of protection such as “privacy shield” in the USA. But it is possible that regardless of what is set out in the agreement this would not stop a government in any part of the world from accessing your personal information, as they can often have power to overrule any agreements we make.
Keeping Data secure
16. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
17. We are certified to SOC 2. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
18. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address:
19. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
21. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
22. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
23. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
24. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
25. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
28. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
29. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
32. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
33. This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
|Targeting cookies||These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.|
34. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
35. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
36. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
37. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
38. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
41. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact Instadecor ltd trading as idealistplanters.co.uk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
24 May 2018
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our websites and use its features, including accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, any services on our websites you wish to access cannot be provided.|
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|These cookies collect information about how you and other visitors use our websites. This can be anything like which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. We use data from these cookies to help test designs and to ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained on your visit to our websites. We also use third-party web analytics software on our websites and apps (such as Google Analytics).|
We use the following functionality cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember settings such as changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.|
We use the following targeting cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed by third parties (such as advertising networks or platforms) with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with the advertiser. We have enabled Google Analytics Data Collection for Advertising Features, including Remarketing and Advertising Reporting Features. These features enable us to make use of data from users who have chosen to allow Google to associate their web and app browsing history with their Google account in order to personalise the ads we may show in Google Search and Display Advertising. This helps us provide more relevant messaging to our users. This also provides us with demographic and interest information at an aggregate level that helps us to understand our users better.||To opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads please go to https://www.google.com/settings/ads or Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.|